Chicago, Chicago That Toddling Town

Chicago, Chicago that toddling town 
Chicago, Chicago I will show you around - I love it 
Bet your bottom dollar you lose the blues in Chicago, Chicago 
The town that Billy Sunday couldn't shut down 

On State Street, that great street, I just want to say 
They do things they don't do on Broadway 
They have the time, the time of their life 
I saw a man, he danced with his wife 
In Chicago, Chicago my home town 

Published in 1922. Recorded by Sinatra in 1957, and used in his film, The Joker Is Wild.


  1. Frank Sinatra - Chicago - YouTube

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoKn7vkSMBc
    Uploaded by Ian Barrett
    I do not own the rights to this song. Lyrics ChicagoChicago--that toddlintownChicagoChicago--I will ...
  2. More videos for chicago chicago a toddlin town »
  3. Frank Sinatra - Chicago Lyrics - LetsSingIt

    artists.letssingit.com › Frank Sinatra › Lyrics
    ChicagoChicago that toddling town / ChicagoChicago I will show you around - I love it / Bet your bottom dollar you lose the blues in ChicagoChicago ...
  4. ToddlinTown Without A Clue, But Right Nonetheless - Chicago ...

    articles.chicagotribune.com › Featured Articles › Chicago
    Jun 18, 1997 – Everybody knows that Chicago, as the famous song says, is a toddlintown. But does anybody in Chicago know what a toddlintown is?
  5. Wordwizard - View topic - Chicago, that toddlintown

    www.wordwizard.com › ... › Word Origins and Meanings Archive
    Jul 17, 2004 – Posts: 7849. Location: ,. Post Chicago, that toddlintown. What is atoddlintown and why is it applied to Chicago in song? Submitted by ( - ) ...
  6. Chicago - Why did Frank Sinatra call it "that toddling town?" - Trulia

    www.trulia.com › ... › Chicago › Entertainment & Nightlife in Chicago
    Jan 17, 2008 – The "Toddlers," originally from a small village somewhere in Germany, settled in Chicago when they were forced to leave their homeland for ...
  7. Chicago (That ToddlinTown) Lyric Meaning - Frank Sinatra Meanings

    www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107859247030/
    I got the surprise, the surprise of my life / I had to stop and stare / I saw a man dancing with his own wife / And you'll never guess where / ChicagoChicago, that ...
  8. Tony Bennett - Chicago (That ToddlinTown) Lyrics

    www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/t/tony.../chicago_that_toddlin_town.html
    ChicagoChicago, that toddlintown / ChicagoChicago, I'll show you around / Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose the blues in Chicago / Chicago, the town that ...
  9. Chicago (That ToddlinTown) Lyrics - Tony Bennett

    www.lyricsfreak.com/t/tony.../chicago+that+toddlin+town_20960249.ht...
    ChicagoChicago, that toddlintown / ChicagoChicago, I'll show you around / Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose the blues in Chicago / Chicago, the town that ...
  10. Chicago Lyrics - Frank Sinatra

    www.lyricsfreak.com › Frank Sinatra › Gold!
    ChicagoChicago, that toddling town / ChicagoChicago, I'll show you around, I love it / Bet your bottom dollar, you'll lose the blues in Chicago / Chicago, the ...


    Chicago (That ToddlinTown) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_(That_Toddlin'_Town)
    "Chicago" is a popular song. It was written by Fred Fisher and was published in 1922. The song has been recorded by many artists, but the best-known version ...